Digital Media & Social Networking Intern
We are seeking a tech-savvy intern to work on website design and maintenance, possible video production and editing, and creating and maintaining social media profiles.
This is an unpaid internship.
Hours are negotiable, but we would prefer an intern that can commit between 5 - 10 hours per week. The intern will report to the Managing Director. You can work from home.
The Digital Media and Social Network Intern will play a key role in assisting in the creation of Release Communications online presence while growing and informing the stakeholders - parents, children, schools, insurance companies, politicians in Ireland and abroad - of Release's parent inclusive speech and language therapy model. We also want to be the online source for new best practice / research / laws etc so families can have quick access.
We are looking for someone who wants to build their work experience and:
- Become an expert at applying social networking to social change.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of speech and language therapy, within autism, Down syndrome, and general learning disabilities.
- Make a critical and measurable impact on these issues by leveraging the wave of public support for parent inclusive speech and language therapy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain www.release.ie and blog; keep it up-to-date.
- Possibility of production and editing of short promotional film segments.
- Create and regularly maintain social media profiles (Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter, Change.org, etc).
- Coordinating "Causes" on Facebook and monitoring posts by others made on Facebook fan pages.
- Research and identifying new and potentially effective social media sites and techniques.
- Creating reports of website traffic, campaign progress, and response to emails.
- Updating a database of our supporters.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Comfortable working with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of web building, HTML.
- Knowledge of, and access to, video editing software.
- Knowledge of basic nonprofit functioning, preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- High-level computer skills.
- Interest in the urban agriculture and the sustainable foodshed movement.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong time management skills.
- Experience with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Experience with blogging or website content management.
- Persistence: Being persistent is a key skill when contacting local agencies and groups for contributions.
- Community networking opportunities while learning.
- Career experience and improvement of skills in fundraising, grant writing, communication, organization, and record keeping.
- Academic credit may be arranged through your individual college advisor.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.